CAPM Certification Preparation Workshop
Become Certified in Project Management!!
Designed for those will little or no project experience, the CAPM ® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management.
The CAPM ® designation shows your current (and potential) employers that you have a good grasp of project management concepts and standards. Not only will this make you an excellent candidate as a team member on a project, but it also shows your potential for promotion to project coordinator or project administrator role or perhaps as a project manager on small projects.
Some of the reasons why it is important to obtain the CAPM ® certification:
• Shows your commitment to the project management profession. When you earn a CAPM ® Certification, you show peers, supervisors, and clients your commitment to go the extra mile and contribute to the team’s success.
• Recognizes your project management knowledge, skills, and abilities. PMI ® serves as an unbiased endorsement of your project management knowledge on a global level.
• Reflects Achievement. It shows that you have demonstrated excellence in the field by meeting standard requirements established by global project management
• Lead you to better career opportunities and advancement. CAPM ® Certification indicates your willingness to invest in your personal professional development, including knowledge and awareness of changing processes and terminology in the field of project management.
• Improve personal skills and knowledge. Preparation for a PMI ® credential requires study and review of current project management processes. Earning a credential
highlights your knowledge and competence and proficiency in your practice.
To qualify for the CAPM ® certification, you need to possess a basic knowledge about project management through limited experience working on projects or through attending project management training and hold a high school diploma. Each session of the class will be highly interactive. This class provides the 23 Contact Hours of Project Management Education suitable for fulfilling the educational requirements for the CAPM ®.
Please read Chapters 1-3 of the PMBOK ® Guide before attending class.
October 26th, 27th & 28th from 5 pm to 9 pm PST
Project Management Framework
Initiating the Project
Planning the Project
Creating the Project Baselines
Executing the Project
Monitoring and Controlling the Project Baselines
Project Procurement Management
Closing the Project
This course is taught by Greta Blash who was recognized by PMI® as a Subject Matter Expert to review and provide recommendations on the draft of the PMI® Guide to Business Analysis.
Greta Blash has over 20 years of project management and business analysis consulting and management experience with world-class organizations.
Greta has developed project management and business analysis essentials courses, to help individuals achieve their certification goals. She has also published many articles and blogs on these subjects. Her strong knowledge and experience in the combined usages of various techniques allow her to help teach and coach organizations on how these techniques can be appropriately applied to ensure delivery of solutions that meet stakeholder expectations.
She was selected by PMI to be part of the review team for the latest editions of the PMBOK and Program Management Guide, as well as an SME for the newly published BA Standard and Benefits Realization Practice Guide. She is a frequent presenter at Project Management, Business Analysis, and Agile events.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
If you’ve registered for an event and find you cannot attend, you are eligible for a refund of 80% up to 10 business days before the class start date. Simply let us know at [email protected], that you cannot attend class and would like a refund. Cancellations made within 1- 9 business days will incur a 50% fee. Cancellations, after the event starts, will not be eligible for a refund.
Students enrolled in a degree-seeking program in the semester during which the Puget Sound PMI Prep Course takes place, qualify for up to 50% discount if proof of part-time or full-time student status can be provided. Verification of student or veteran status needs to be sent to [email protected] or provided on the first day of class.
For specific questions regarding the Puget Sound PMI Chapter’s certification series, please see our website. An event link will be provided. The chapter is using ZOOM.
$395.00 PMI Members
$299.00 Students (limited seats, must be PMI member)