Workshop - Scrum Master using Military Servant Leadership Principles (1 day)
Scrum Master Mastery - How to excel at being a Scrum Master using Military Servant Leadership Principles
Who it is for:
- Scrum Masters
- Project Managers interested in becoming Scrum Masters
- Managers and leaders who are looking to guide their current Scrum Masters or Project Managers
What you'll leave the course with:
- Understanding of military servant leadership tenets and principles to apply to your team
- How to effectively build high-performing teams, run scrum ceremonies, and specific tactics to use for different team situations
- How to find and utilize your value stream to help align teams, and tips for helping Product Owners prioritize backlogs
- How to use effective metrics to drive results, manage stakeholders, and increase up and down communication
- A basic understanding of quality technical development practices and the importance of a CI/CD pipeline
Nate Amidon spent 15 years leading people and programs for the US Air Force, Microsoft, and Boeing. He has flown over 3,000 hours as an Air Force pilot in the C-17 where he led a crew of Airmen on global combat and humanitarian Air Force missions. As a C-17 Instructor Pilot, Nate has over 1,500 hours teaching young pilots how to fly, make decisions, and manage a team. After leaving the Active Duty Air Force, Nate consulted on Software Development teams as a Project Manager, Scrum Master, and a SAFe coach on large-scale development programs. He started Form100 Consulting to help clients in the technology sector by applying military leadership best practices to software development programs. Nate holds a BS in Management from the United States Air Force Academy, an MBA from the University of Nebraska, and SPC, PMP, CSM, and is still an active C-17 pilot in the Air Force Reserve 313th Airlift Squadron.
Continental Breakfast, Lunch and refreshments are provided.
If you have any dietary concerns, please contact [email protected]
Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
If you have made a reservation and find that you will be unable to attend, please send an email to [email protected] and cancel your ticket as early as possible. All cancellations are subject to a minimum of $100.00 fee if done at least 10 days before the event. Cancellations after the event starts are subject to full charge to ensure the Chapter does not incur excessive expenses. All refunds will be issued after two credit card billing cycles.
We dedicate a limited amount of seats for a special price for students and for those who served for our country. Please note that you have to be a student for a college/university in WA at the time of registration. You will be required to present a valid student ID when you arrive at the event/class the first time. For our Veterans, we ask for a valid proof of their status.
$174.00 Earlybird rate before February 28
$160.00 PMI Members
$135.00 Earlybird rate before February 28
$99.00 Students/Veterans (limited seats, must be PMI member)