PMI PgMP - Program Mgmt. Professional - Exam Prep. Course (3 days)
The Program Management Professional (PgMP)® certification is among the most valued certifications from the Project Management Institute (PMI). In April 2019, there were only 2,800 certified PgMPs globally comprising, less than 1200 from the United States.
PMI’s Program Management Professional (PgMP)® credential recognizes the advanced experience and skill of program managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PgMP® demonstrates your proven competency to oversee multiple, related projects and their resources to achieve strategic business goals.
According to industry researchers, there has been a substantial increase in program management job advertisements where a professional program management certification is a mandatory pre-requisite for a job offer.
PgMP® credential holders oversee the success of a program, grouping related projects together, to realize organizational benefits not available if they were managed separately. It’s the perfect fit if you define projects, assign project managers and oversee programs.
PgMP® credentials focus on program benefits and outcomes. It outlines the role of a program manager versus a project manager, and the differing relationships between them and various project stakeholders.
The PgMP® certification is tested on 5 domains and 72 tasks listed in the Examination Content Outline.
- Program Strategic Management
- Program Benefit Management
- Program Stakeholder Engagement
- Program Governance
- Program Life Cycle
This 3-days course is designed to prepare candidates to sit for, and pass, the PgMP certification exam. Or, if you are already a PMP and need PDUs toward your PMP Continuing Certification Requirements, this is the class for you. This is NOT an introduction to Program Management.
Our instructor is very well known in the PgMP space. He has contributed to the success of 225 PgMPs from 34 countries. This 3-day Exam Prep Class reviews PMI’s The Standard for Program Management and PgMP Examination Content Outline, in detail. The goal is to prepare students to pass the PgMP exam.
Dharam Singh, PgMP, PfMP, PMP, RMP, ACP
· Award winner Speaker, trainer, and mentor.
· Leading PgMP (Program Management Professional), PfMP (Portfolio Management Professional), PMP (Project Management Professional), PMI-RMP (Risk Management professional) trainer.
· As of Feb 2019, he has contributed to the success of 213 global PgMPs (out of 2,700) from 30 countries. In 2018, he has contributed to the success of 73 PgMPs. 16% of global PgMPs.
· Former Board of Director, Certification Director and Company Secretary with PMI Sydney.
· Project and Program Management professional with over 27 years’ experience in the IT, Telco, Government, Banking and Insurance industries.
· Successful track record in managing large teams in a strong customer-focused service environment and delivering complex and multiple multi-million-dollar projects.
· Experience in working across geographically diverse locations with multi-national IT Outsourcing/vendor companies, Telecommunications, large banks, and government organizations.
· Strong focus on the delivery of services and projects with excellence.
· Successfully delivered high profile projects and programs in the waterfall and agile methodologies.
· Ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while delivering applications, infrastructure projects.
· PfMP® - Portfolio Management Professional
· PgMP® - Program Management Professional
· PMP® - Project Manager Professional
· PMI-RMP® - Risk Management Professional
· PMI-ACP® - Agile Certified Professional
· PMI-PBA® - Professional in Business Analysis
· Certified ITIL® V3 Foundation, PRINCE2 Practitioner®, PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
· Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering – 1993
Course materials will be distributed on the first day of class. All students will receive:
· Soft-bound book - The Complete Reference Guide for PgMP Certification
· Pre-recorded 11 Sessions (~2 hours each)
· PgMP Challenger - Question Bank
· PgMP Pathfinder – Illustration of the ECO Task
· PgMP Mapping Workbook – Structured notes taking
· 45-minute Application Support video
· PgMP Application Support Handbook
· Examples of 2 PgMP Applications
· Post training support
SAVE up to $500 ON YOUR REGISTRATION (Members of Puget Sound PMI chapter get a $500 discount on their registration)
This is highly recommended!!!! Join PMI Global ($129) and the local Puget Sound Chapter ($30) and not only will you recoup this cost when registering for the course, but you will also save additional dollars on any PMI Exam! Also, you can download a PDF of The Standard for Program Management and begin reading prior to the course, which is highly recommended. Finally, you'll receive discounted rates on all chapter events! You can't lose! Join PMI and the Puget Sound chapter today at http://www.pmi.org.
There will be no adjustment to the fee charged for the PgMP® Prep Course if you become a PMI Puget Sound member after you register for the PgMP® Prep Course.
Max Attendees: 20 People
Continental Breakfast, lunch and coffee and tea will be provided during this class.
Students who satisfy course completion requirements receive a "Certificate of Completion," attesting to the fact that they have completed 26 hours of project management training. To obtain a certificate of completion for this course, students must attend all 3 days of training and participate in class activities.
You are not required to take this Exam Prep Course before the exam. The course prepares individuals to take the PgMP exam, but neither PMI® nor the PMI® Puget Sound Chapter guarantee or imply that completion of the course will ensure that a participant will pass the PgMP® examination. Please direct all inquiries to the VP of Professional Development: [email protected]
Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
If you have made a reservation and find that you will be unable to attend, please send an email to [email protected] and cancel your ticket as early as possible. All cancellations are subject to a minimum of $200.00 fee if done at least 10 days before the event. Cancellations after the event starts are subject to full charge to ensure the Chapter does not incur excessive expenses. All refunds will be issued after two credit card billing cycles.
For general information regarding PMI certification please click here.
For specific questions regarding the Puget Sound PMI Chapter’s certification series, please see our website.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT PMI MEMBERS?
At the conclusion of this class, students will have familiarity with all the information required to successfully study for and pass the PgMP Exam. In addition, students will have gained a level of confidence in completing the Application and possible Audit processes. The price point is very competitive compared to what is offered commercially, which makes it a great value for members who have to pay out of pocket.
$1,499.00 PSPMI Member
$1,399.00 Earlybird rate before January 20
$1,899.00 Earlybird rate before January 20
$1,199.00 Students/Veterans (limited seats, must be PSPMI member)